1. Not many people can say, "Since the market has collapsed, I've been so busy at work!" Not many people... except me. I guess this means I'll have job security for a while. My phone will not stop ringing.
2. How do you expect me to blog when I'm busy with dinosaurs? Andrew and I went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History this weekend with his parents. For his dad's Christmas present last year, the kids chipped in to adopt him a dinosaur bone. This Saturday was the first time he got to see his Stegosaurus vertebrae in person.
Jack R. pictured at the excavation site of the Stegosaurus Dinosaurus Maximus in 1865.
Not only did he get to see his dino bone, but I found my new favorite dinosaur. Um. It has feathers. How cool is that? It is yet unnamed according to the exhibit, but you can see it below along with an image of what it might have looked like when it roamed the Earth. You know, before that big meteor hit the world and drastically changed the eco-system leading all land-dwelling creatures but a few birds to demise? (Yeah, I learned a lot!) If anyone is looking for gift ideas for me, I wouldn't mind having this feathered dino named after me. The Mermandasaurus. Has a nice ring to it, huh?
I also got to pay a visit to my original favorite dinosaur, the pterodactyl. Aren't we a cute couple?
Mermanda tries out her Blue Steel with long-time companion, Pteradactyl Joe.
3. I celebrated the 250th Anniversary of the city of Pittsburgh. See? That's really important. I might not be around for the tricentennial. And even if I am, I doubt I'll want to sit in two-hour traffic to watch $1 million worth of fireworks. With fireworks being set off from 17 locations around the city, it was the biggest fireworks display in U.S. history (unless I made that up. Just pretend, m'kay?)
Fireworks are better when shared with a glow-stick.
(Photo Credit: Sidney L. Davis/Tribune-Review)
4. I drank The Best Pumpkin Beer Ever. Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale. So good when it touches your lips. A perfect blend of pumpkin and spice and ale. (You didn't know I was such a connoisseur of beer, did you? Just full of surprises today.)
5. I got caught up on my reader. Phew! You kids can sure blog like there is no tomorrow.
So what do you say? Do you forgive me?
Say yes and I'll throw in a bonus blog at Oh! How Lovely!